[coreboot] locking...

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Jun 21 02:39:31 CEST 2009

On 20.06.2009 20:08, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> [...] but I'll still have APs and
> BSP talking all at once, which I'm also seeing on K10.

So mangled printk problem is visible on K8 and Fam10?

I just read through the M57SLI early code path again and it seems we
really have a race condition which causes stack corruption on SMP,
possibly only visible if there is more than one AP. Or caches of each
core are independent during early startup and the "every AP can use RAM"
line of thought needs to be revised.

v3 is not a that different in this regard, but I see an easier way out
there.

Anyway, I'll wait for someone else to show where I'm wrong before I
proceed. Each of the situations above wants entirely different fixes for
printk locking (or even booting).

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--