[coreboot] ACPI support on M57SLI

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Sun Jun 21 01:45:14 CEST 2009

On Saturday 20 June 2009 22:17:51 Florentin Demetrescu wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The last release works for me wonderfully almost "out of the box". (still
> don't like HAVE_HIGH_TABLES :/)
Use a recent SeaBios version and get happy with HIGH_TABLES. ;)

> As a premium, the hvm virtualization works too. (kvm)
Does that mean you have tested "Hardware Visualization"?
If yes, please be so kindly and mark it in the wiki entry for m57sli as OK (if
you have an account) otherwise please give some details on that, so I can add
this as tested.

> Again, congratulation for all the work done by the coreboot team (and
> especialy Harald) for this board! I think we can now validate all of its
> features on the wiki..
The wiki should be up to date for this board, I changed all of the entries
which I was able to test. Hopefully we can find/fix/verify the last outstanding
problems on v1 with that board, so that it can be stated as "fully supported".
(And maybe, when I've too much time I'll have a look at the S3 ACPI mode, but
this could get quite hard, as the MCP55 documentation is under NDA by nvidia.)

If you have a floppy device and the possibility to test it, please do so and
report if it works. (Otherwise I'll test that in a few weeks, as i don't have
a floppy device here.)

Great that this patches make you happy, and hopefully everything works like
expected. If you run into problems please report it.

> Florentin
Kind regards,
Harald