[coreboot] FlashROM on VIA EPIA EN12000EG

Sebastian Schuberth sschuberth at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:37:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

this is just to report that I succeeded reading the BIOS using
FlashROM 0.9.0 from my VIA EPIA EN12000EG motherboard. I haven't tried
writing the BIOS yet. The only small issue I had was that my
motherboard is reported to be from the "CN" rather than the "EN"
series:

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "VIA VT8237", enabling flash write... OK.
Found board "VIA EPIA-CN", enabling flash write... OK.
Found chip "SST SST49LF004A/B" (512 KB) at physical address 0xfff80000.
Reading flash... done.

I don't know if it's even technically possible to distinguish the CN
and EN series, or if they are simply too close / almost identical from
a chipset etc. view, but I'd be happy to help out improving this, if I
can.

--
Sebastian Schuberth