[coreboot] locking...

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 06:11:44 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Carl-Daniel
Hailfinger<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> True, because it does not use locking. v3 should be easy to convert to
> locking which actually works.

we're back where we started. The question is, is there a locking
construct that will work on CAR in common for every CPU. I've come to
believe that's a lot harder than I thought it was.

You also pointed this problem out and were looking at using other
means -- cpu registers, etc -- to achieve the goal of locking.

The locking for the RAM part is a solved problem, and it works in v2,
so I see no need to revisit that question.

The question is the locking for the ROM code, given all the different
types of CAR we deal with. Do you have a solution to that problem?
Let's start there first.

ron