[coreboot] locking...

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Jun 19 19:49:06 CEST 2009

ron minnich wrote:
> yes, that is why I did that struct-based stack in my v3 SMP startup.

So, which problem does this solve, the pre-ram locking or the post-ram
locking?

- the pre-ram locking can't be done with a stack, because the cache
between CPUs is not always necessarily in the same state.
-the post-ram code does not need it, works quite nicely already.

This approach scares me... it doesn't solve the one case but makes the
other case much more complex.

Please explain... I must be getting something wrong.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613