[coreboot] Funny Intel observation

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Jun 19 13:43:18 CEST 2009

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:24:51 +0200, Florentin Demetrescu <echelon at free.fr>
wrote:
>  Beware..
>  Question : if we (open source users/developpers) are using some
> information
> obtained from patents (not the complete patent but just some information
> as is
> the case here..), are we exposing to lawsuits of "patent infringement" if
> the
> patent holder is not open source friendly?
>  Just my 2 euro-cents..

I don't thinks so, patent claims are public information. No one had to sign
a NDA. It is not software and does not have copyrighted code it just
explains how a harware process works. As long as we are NOT claiming to
have invented the hardware process, that there is a patent on, it is ok.

Anyone with a legal back ground want to touch this?

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith