[coreboot] ACPI support on M57SLI

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Fri Jun 19 13:31:11 CEST 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 22:20:24 Peter Stuge wrote:
> Harald Gutmann wrote:
> > His explanation was quite easy: You'll need the _CRS symbols in
> > your dsdt.asl.
> >
> > I had a look at his dsdt.asl from asus/m2v-mx_se, and saw that
> > there are not much _CRS symbols in it.
> > Keyboard, Mouse, Floppy, and the PCI root device has _CRS Symbols.
>
> And we already have the info for these, right, it would be awesome to
> generate that part of the DSDT automatically, as Rudolf has
> mentioned before.
Did Rudolf talk about automatic generation for _CRS symbols, or from _PRT
symbols?
I think his thoughts have been for the _PRT symbols, where we should have alle
the information in the device struct (except the used interrupts).

Maybe we should start a standalone discussion on that, I think it could be
possible to generate some parts of the dsdt.asl through information which is
available.

> > That was all, which has lead to success with coreboot and windows. :)
>
> Great! Has the patch been committed? If not, please do it. :)
Will be done in a few minutes.

> Acked-by: Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>
Thanks, for the second Acked-by, the patch was already Acked-by from Myles
Watson.

Kind regards,
Harald Gutmann