[coreboot] Coreboot with PIII , i810 chipset and 49LF004 Flash BIOS ?

Cristi Magherusan Cristi.Magherusan at net.utcluj.ro
Thu Jun 18 08:14:01 CEST 2009

Hi there,

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 22:55 -0700, Rick Ant wrote:
> Can I load coreboot into 49LF004 with PIII processor and i810
> chipset ?
It depends on your motherboard. See
http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards to make sure yours is
supported before any attempt of overwriting your flash.
If your chipset is unsupported, it may take many months to get it work.

> Should i use this bin file :
>  http://www.coreboot.org/images/9/9d/Qemu_coreboot_openbios.zip
No, that's for qemu and will most likely brick your motherboard.

> What should i use for uploader ?
> I'm using Award flasher and it said the coreboot is not award..
> Any others uploader ?
Try using flashrom: http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom but only after you
are well-prepared for the event that the thing breaks your motherboard
and you have a backup (it most likely will break if you don't read the
doc first!!!)

> Where can I find the source code and the tools, so I can compile it?
I think you should start by reading some of the documentation found on
our wiki, at http://www.coreboot.org/Documentation There you can also
find the sources for everything.
> Thanks

Best regards,
Cristi

--
Ing. Cristi Măgherușan, System/Network Engineer
Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania