[coreboot] HP DL145G3 - BuildBot

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:59:38 CEST 2009

> The hp dl145g3 is running fine... at least i thought it was.
>
> When i was installing virtual machines i noticed that the machines
> reported a cpu freq of 1.3Ghz (exactly half of the speed of the real
> cpu's). Wondering what was going wrong i checked with the kvm ppl and
> they said... maybe there is something wrong with the timer.
I remember Mondrian said there were timer problems, but that they seemed
fixed.  Is it a cold boot/warm boot problem?

> Now if i check the dl145g3 i see that time is moving double so fast on
> that machine like it is supposed to...
Too bad.

> I have no idea how this suddenly happened but I was hoping one of you
> would have an idea. The machine is in a datacenter but i have another
> dl145g3 here at home on which I could test stuff before I flash the
> machine in the datacenter.
You could try cold booting it to see if that's the problem.

You could also try dumping the superio registers with the factory BIOS and
with Coreboot to see if there's something that needs to be fixed.

Thanks,
Myles