[coreboot] EP80579 Mainboard support

Arnaud Maye arnaud.maye at 4dsp.com
Tue Jun 16 15:41:15 CEST 2009

Hello Ed,

We have received the truxton board a few days ago.

I have compiled coreboot-v2 as well as FILO and created the rom image.
I've placed the image in
the flash using flashrom, everything there went smoothly.

I tried to launch the system but the system does not boot. Is coreboot
on truxton supposed to output
something to the G550 PCIe gfx card shipped along with the  truxton
mainboard or not? The default
AMI bios is able to do that obviously.

The board state after a reboot is

1) No active VGA output
2) The two seven segments displays  on the main board is display 80

I am still waiting my UART dongle so I cannot say if anything goes out
from the com ports.

Is it a normal behavior Ed or my coreboot image is simply not working?

In advance, thank you for your pointers.

With my best regards,

Arnaud

Ed Swierk wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 2:40 AM, Arnaud Maye <arnaud.maye at 4dsp.com> wrote:
>
>> We are designing a mainboard powered by an EP80579 and I came across
>> coreboot.
>>
>> I've seen corebot v2 supports the Truxton EP80579 Development kit. However I
>> cannot get any
>> relevant information about Truxton.
>>
>> Is this the "official" intel development kit (EP80579TRXDK) or something
>> else? I wanted to order the
>> exact board coreboot supports and use this as a reference design.
>>

> Truxton is the mainboard in the official Intel EP80579 development kit.
>
> --Ed

*
*