[coreboot] [patch][v2]:fam10 microcode

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Jun 16 04:24:40 CEST 2009

Hi Marc,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 04:14:32PM -0600, Marc Jones wrote:
> Very good catch. I am suprised we didn't see this sooner.
>
> The bug is that the code was always updating the passed value to the
> next link offset even when it was on the requested link (cap_count). I
> think that your patch has a slight problem in that it skips the CapID
> and CapType check on the first link, link_no == 0.
>
> Attached is a slightly different fix (untested). I think that this
> function could be rewritten to be more clear but this is what you get
> when tying to keep code similarity when going from asm to C.....
>
> Please review and test.

This does not appear to fix the hang for my board. Here's a boot log with
lots of register dumping enabled:

  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/h8dmr/fam10/h8dmr-ae.cap

And here's one without the very lengthy dumps:

  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/h8dmr/fam10/h8dmr-af.cap

I see very little difference with the older dumps.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org>