[coreboot] Hosed ms-7032, I foolishly flashed the bios with a .700

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Jun 14 13:12:59 CEST 2009

On 14.06.2009 12:48, Phil Neary wrote:
> Flashrom finds the chipset to be VIA VT8237, and the actual chip it finds is a PMC Pm49FL004 512KB @ 0xfff80000.

Pm49FL004 chips are very compatible (they can speak LPC and FWH). If you
find one of them in the scrapyard, take it. They seem to ignore the ID
pins, though, so I can't guarantee chip stacking will work, but full
replacement should be fine.

Good luck finding the right chips! (Look for 49 in the model number,
that's a pretty good indicator the chip is either LPC or FWH).
Oh, and while you're at the scrapyard, it might be prudent to fetch
whole boards (or desolder the flash sockets from them and take the
sockets with you).

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--