[coreboot] HP NetServer E 800

Andrew Morgan andrew at c-s.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 17:41:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've just joined the list. Coreboot looks quite interesting, although I
don't know if I know enough to understand how it works yet. :)
I have tried flashrom on my server, to see if it would work, and
apparently it doesn't. I was asked on the IRC channel to post on the
mailing list so here I am...

Attached is the output from running the following commands:
'lspci -tvnn'
'superiotool -deV'
'flashrom -V'

The SiI 3112 SATA controller is a plug-in card, as is the gigabit
ethernet adaptor. The rest, from what I remember, are on board. I'm
pretty sure the SiI 3112 and Symbios SCSI have their own flash ROM, I
remember doing updates to them.

The NetServer is my main e-mail server so I really don't want to break
it (not until I get the e-mail server running as a VM and can move it to
another machine!) but if I can help getting the chipset information,
etc. I'll try. I also have 4 older 'scrap' machines which I can have a
play with. Two of them have very similar, socketed, ROM chips so that
looks good.

--

Andrew.