[coreboot] write/verify bug

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Jun 12 18:50:30 CEST 2009

On 12.06.2009 18:42, Richard Smith wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> The idea is to check if the erase worked after each erase operation.
>
> Right. I wasn't talking about erase.  Just verifying after each page
> write vs writing the entire image and then re-reading the part in one
> stream read.

Fully agreed. Full write, then full read is what the current verify code
does.

> While on the subject of erase though.  I find thats its much nicer to
> use block erase rather than full chip erase although perhaps a bit slower.

Indeed. I have patches pending which switch to block erase. I hope to
update and repost them soon.

Block erase (and block write) is on the todo list. Partial read support
has already been posted and is waiting for an ack.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/