[coreboot] Hosed ms-7032, I foolishly flashed the bios with a .700

philneary at yahoo.co.uk philneary at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 13:47:22 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm wanting to try the suggestion of putting a new ROM chip on top of the old one (W39V040AP) with a bit of soldering, so I can use both chips. I'm just wondering what chip to ask for? I've been warned about Winbond chips and the technical specs for my chip are: 4mb PLCC32 LPC.

So if I ask for a "4mb PLCC32 LPC Flash-ROM" I should get what I'm after?

Also once I get the chip I'm going to have to hot flash it with the correct bios. I'm using my friends PC to do this and it has a Foxconn P4M8907MA-KRS2H motherboard. I'll be using Flashrom to do this. Should this be okay?

Many thanks for all your help, it won't be long before I'm back up and running.