[coreboot] Hosed ms-7032, I foolishly flashed the bios with a .700

Morgan Reed morgan.s.reed at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 01:02:44 CEST 2009

*grumble* Repost CC to the list...

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 00:21, Carl-Daniel
Hailfinger<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
> Whoa. 4 M byte. Evil datasheet.

Yah

> True. My idea in using ID2 was to make the old chip available a bit
> lower in the address space so flashrom could access it while the other
> chip is stacked on top.

Hmm, that's a good point, I didn't actually realise flashrom supported
multiple chips on the one bus but it does make sense, that way he can
reflash the old BIOS (assuming the chip isn't dead), restore the
connection and all is good.

I'd still recommend replacing it with a socket though (less pain in
the future). Or alternatively if he's feeling adventurous, make it
permanent and fit a switch to tie one or the other high (they have
internal pulldowns on the ID lines), lift "Write Enable" from the
functional BIOS and you're guaranteed to always have a working BIOS
available at the flick of a switch (I suppose you could call it a
ghetto BIOS saviour) ;oD