[coreboot] [v3] r1170 - coreboot-v3/util/x86emu

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Jun 9 13:23:53 CEST 2009

On 09.06.2009 13:11 Uhr, ron minnich wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Stefan Reinauer<stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
>

>> I hope we find out why this is a problem, because a combination of cli+sti
>> should never cause an interrupt that would not exist without cli+sti. If we
>> can't I suggest we commit this in a few days (Acked-by: Stefan Reinauer
>> <stepan at coresystems.de>) since it fixes the problem.
>>

> I'm going to commit it. The reason is that we should never do an sti
> unless we are prepared to take a device interrupt, and we are not. I
> think it is an error to do an sti at this point. Also, just doing a
> cli/sti without determining that interrupts were enabled in the first
> place is also a mistake.

I agree. Sorry for the premature action of me adding cli/sti to my
original code submission. I only tested on real hardware (three boards,
all with the same chipset)... This is a good example how complex
interactions between components for seemingly trivial code can be.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613