[coreboot] Original bios as payload

Ivan Barrera A. info at Ivn.cl
Wed Jul 29 15:57:36 CEST 2009

Cristi Magherusan escribió:
> On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 09:36 -0400, Ivan Barrera A. wrote:
>> Hi !
>>
>>    My previous attemps to put coreboot on my laptop (Asus G1, with
>> vgarom on bios) have failed.
>>    I want to keep trying to get something to work but it is a real pain
>> in the behind to keep taking out the flash chip and reprogramming it. I
>> think it could be easier to have coreboot booting the original bios ,
>> and run any other payload on some key press (or something like that).
> This would be pointless, you must have coreboot really work to achieve
> it. And if coreboot works, why bother to get your proprietary BIOS
> running?

Main reason :
   I think coreboot is doing something. But i dont think the vgarom is
being loaded (or working).
So, to try differents things (changes in code, changes in rom, etc) and
not to open up the laptop every time i think i got it, it would be ideal
to boot to the original bios and reflash.

   The other option would be putting inside 2 flash chips, and an
external switch to enable one or the other. Im not sure if this is
possible using not so many wires...