[coreboot] EP80579 coreboot+seabios > keyboard init issue

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Jul 29 15:45:47 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 03:24:06PM +0200, Arnaud Maye wrote:
> Something I just realized. When am using filo I can use the keyboard
> input but this is in fact coming from the UART link, not the PS2
> connector itself, sorry for that.
>
> However, I've tried to press F12, on the UART client as well as on
> the PS2 keyboard, I cannot reach seabios menu.

Okay, that is different - it leads me to believe that coreboot isn't
turning on your ps2 port.

SeaBIOS does not read keys from the serial port.  If you wish to do
that then add the sgabios optionrom to the flash - see the directions
at:

http://www.coreboot.org/SeaBIOS

> Something is indeed very wrong as using coreboot as BIOS does not
> initialize the keyboard in fact.  Pressing "num lock" on the
> keyboard does not change the LED status. With the legacy BIOS it
> does of course.

It's SeaBIOS that implements the numlock led - since SeaBIOS can't
access the ps2 port it wont work.

> I am sending you what you have asked anyway. So I guess as for the
> VGA we are back to coreboot code base?

I think we need to get input from the coreboot experts.

-Kevin