[coreboot] IOAPIC Initialisation - How much do you have to do ??

Harrison, Jon (SELEX GALILEO, UK) jon.harrison at selexgalileo.com
Mon Jul 27 11:21:57 CEST 2009

Bit 7 of 48h is not set, to match Award, but I figured that this
wouldn't make much difference anyway as this board is not using the FSB
for interrupt delivery to the Local APIC.

No harm in flipping the bit to see what hapens though.

As far as I can tell the pin mux is all setup OK (58h[6] and also IOAPIC
Rx3)

As what are coming through are illegal vectors, I am thinking that
something is generating interrupts before a handler is in place or a
completely unhandled exception is being generated.

If I change IOAPIC IRQ initialisation to have a vector in a legal range
then the error changes

The one thing that I haven't managed to get done properly is disabling
the special cpu frequency change. While it's a long shot it may be that
this is causing something wierd to happen.

Think I'll have a closer read of the lapic spec too.

Jon

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132