[coreboot] IOAPIC Initialisation - How much do you have to do ??

Harrison, Jon (SELEX GALILEO, UK) jon.harrison at selexgalileo.com
Fri Jul 24 13:36:03 CEST 2009

Sooo. I've added MPtables and masked IRQ0 from boot but still get

APIC error on CPU0:  40(40)
""
""
""
""

Which seems to mean "illegal vector recieved"

Any suggestions on how to track down what the interrupt source is of the
illegal vector ?

Is there a kernel command line option that will turn on more verbose
APIC output ?

Thanks,
Jon

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:04:29 +0100
> From: "Harrison, Jon (SELEX GALILEO, UK)"
> 	<jon.harrison at selexgalileo.com>
> To: "Rudolf Marek" <r.marek at assembler.cz>
> Cc: coreboot at coreboot.org
> Subject: Re: [coreboot] IOAPIC Initialisation - How much do you have
> 	to do ??
> <8E520A5E7FB8D647BFDA039F6031C1C6059D59EC at desmdswms201.des.grplnk.net>
>
> Ahh Haa !!
>
> Finally, I have managed to get the IRQs through to the processor.
>
> Proper setup for APIC Serial Bus delivery.
>
> Now I get an smp_error_interrupt during kernel init, with a "received
> illegal vector" status.
>
> I'll call this progress though.
>
> Guessing that either in Serial Bus mode the IRQs should be
> disabled from
> boot (Current VT8237R IOAPIC init emables IRQ 0 from boot,
> but is in FSB
> mode...) until the kernel has time to sort out IRQ vectors or there is
> something else missing (perhaps in the MP tables to allow
> things to get
> setup properly ?)
>
> Jon

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132