[coreboot] fam10/h8dmr: extreme slowness in CBFS memset / memcpy

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Jul 21 03:09:17 CEST 2009

Following up on this - Patrick helped in IRC this evening, and we came to the
conclusion that it's probably *not* an MTRR issue, since we figured out the
code seems to set MTRRs properly.

We found out after adding an extra MTRR over the flash chip, which did not
change anything.

The system boots fairly normally after the slowdowns, and appears to work
normally. It sets three MTRRs further in the bootup process:

  reg00: base=0x00000000 (   0MB), size=32768MB: write-back, count=1
  reg01: base=0x800000000 (32768MB), size= 512MB: write-back, count=1
  reg02: base=0xe0000000 (3584MB), size= 512MB: uncachable, count=1

Any thoughts on something else I should look at to debug this?

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org>