[coreboot] Only UDMA/33 PATA on m57sli, UDMA/66 with factory BIOS

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 00:34:12 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Harald Gutmann<harald.gutmann at gmx.net> wrote:
> [*] How to figure out the UDMA modes supported by the attached devices in
> coreboot? As this is according to IDE devices which can be changed at any
> time, it would be necessary to check for supported UDMA modes on run-time.

I am still confused by the more basic question of how you are
detecting the presence of an 80 conductor cable. You need a GPIO or
one of the mechanisms described in the PATA spec from T13. You need
that in addition to knowing what the drives support. To know what the
drives support you look in their identify device information (also
specified by T13, but you can find examples in the kernel or Hale
Landis' code)