[coreboot] Two newbies needs some help to test coreboot on some motherboards

francois frablondel at free.fr
Sun Jul 12 23:20:46 CEST 2009

Hello,
We have found some computers, that we would like to test them with
coreboot.

The first, a Pentium III with these chipsets:

Intel 810
FW82810E
L0351C06
SL3MD
035 KOREA

Intel
FW82801AA
L0360255
SL3Z2

3COM
920-BR06
3COM 40-0579-006
51916 CT 0043 P17
BROADCOM 5904

We haven't found the traditional BIOS whip (9*7 pins)

And two similar motherboards with Pentium II:

BIOS:
278781
9946ABAG
COMPAQ

Intel AGP set
FW82443BX
F849VP36
SL2VH

Intel
FW82371FB
F001IF95
SL37M

V59936AD
NSC96 A2
PC97307 - IBY/VUL

We are newbies, and we only launched coreboot in QEMU with success.
We have checked the supported chipsets and some are “WIP”. Should we
nevertheless try to install coreboot?
What documentations should we read first?

If your prefer, we can wrote in German, French or Esperanto.

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot and François Blondel