[coreboot] Dell latitude c610

CybFr coreboot at miradou.com
Fri Jul 10 10:30:40 CEST 2009

Le vendredi 26 juin 2009 21:10:16, Uwe Hermann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:33:14PM +0200, CybFr wrote:
> > I'd like to re-open a tread from Michal Janke about supporting Dell
> > latitude C610 and its SMSC LPC47N252 SuperIO.
> >
> > - I've found the closest chip from SMSC was FDC37N972, supported by
> > superiotool so I added corresponding entries in smsc.c.
> >
> > - for  FDC, UARTS, KBD, RTC, everything seems quite common so I added it
> > in /superio/smsc/smsssuperio/superio.c.
> > (the big difference betweenn supported smsc chips an LPC47N252 is the
> > EC-8051 core... )
> >
> > What could be the next step ?
>
> The next step would probably be to find out where the EC code lives in
> the flash ROM chip, make a coreboot.rom which leaves that area empty
> and then 'dd' the EC blob over the empty area. Flash that, attach a POST
> card and/or null-modem cable and see what happens...

Waiting for chips, sockets and a replacement mothercard (just in case), I try
to find the EC code both from a dump of th flash rom and from the Dell bios file.
But from the LPC47N252 datasheet I understand that it is supposed to execute
its firmware directly from its own flash (which doesn't exist on FDC37N958FR).

If I'm right, the bad point would be that I have no chance to get a blob from
FWH but the good point could be that we can forget about EC code (unless we
want to update it).

Am I right ???

PS: Uwe, I don't know if you received my mail with pictures (sent last monday)
BTW I put them there http://www.miradou.com/spip/spip.php?article14

--
CybFr