[coreboot] error in Building coreboot: Corrupt rom -- found no header at 2031584

Anurag_Vashisth Anurag_Vashisth at satyam.com
Wed Jul 8 11:06:20 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to build the coreboot-v2-4304 following the link on the page:

http://www.coreboot.org/QEMU_Build_Tutorial

I've installed mkelfImage 2.7

I used the following command to build the coreboot payload:
mkelfImage --append="console=ttyS0" --initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.27-7-generic /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.27-7-generic linux.elf

and when i executed the 'make' command from the targets/emulation/qemu-x86/qemu-x86 directory i got the error message as:
Corrupt rom -- found no header at 2031584
make: *** [coreboot.rom] Error 1
 fro more details see the attachment of the output of make command.
 i used gcc version 4.3.2
Please suggest the solution.

Thanks
Anurag Vashisth