[coreboot] coreboot on Asus G1 ... Possible ?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jul 7 18:52:39 CEST 2009

Ivan Barrera A. wrote:
>> Please run flashrom -V to get more debugging info. Maybe it's
>> possible to add a board enable for the system, but I somehow
>> doubt it.
>
> I included more info of the system in the first mail of the thread ;)

Sorry. :\ Thanks for indulging me.

> [root at G1 ~]#  flashrom -V
> Calibrating delay loop... 268M loops per second, 100 myus = 198 us. OK.
> No coreboot table found.
> Found chipset "Intel ICH7M", enabling flash write...
> BIOS Lock Enable: disabled, BIOS Write Enable: enabled, BIOS_CNTL is 0x1
>
> Root Complex Register Block address = 0xfed1c000
> GCS = 0xc64: BIOS Interface Lock-Down: disabled, BOOT BIOS Straps: 0x3
> (LPC)
> Top Swap : not enabled

This basically says all lights are green, and writing isn't stopped
in any way by the chipset.

It would be interesting if you could measure voltage on the flash
chip pins 7 and 8. GND is on pin 16 and 28. Pin 1 is top center by
the small mark on the chip, numbering is counter clockwise.

//Peter