[coreboot] SeaBIOS on DBE63 not functional

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu Jan 29 01:52:22 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:50:43PM +0200, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> On K, 2009-01-28 at 13:36 -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > BTW, what are you using for a vgabios?  I thought geode didn't have a
> > vga bios available.
> I am not using a VGA BIOS at all.

Without a vga bios, you're probably not going to be able to make much
use of SeaBIOS.  I wouldn't assume boot loaders will just "work"
without one.

There has been discussion of porting the open source vga bios to
geode.  Also, google announced a vga bios to serial converter that you
could try.

> XPe boot definitely didn't work then though. It probably does rely on
> VGA BIOS at start, but after that the native driver takes over.

You'll need the vga bios for xp.  One can verify this with qemu -
without the vga bios it wont start.

> Regarding a note in the other reply of yours - no, I don't have any
> SuperIO, and therefore no PS/2 keyboard or the like. I only have a USB
> keyboard and that I believe is not supported yet by SeaBIOS. I have OHCI
> not UHCI, as a non-Intel chipset (unless I'm mixing the two again).

Right - SeaBIOS doesn't have uhci/ohci support.  It would be nice to
add though.

-Kevin