[coreboot] dbm690t PIRQ table

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Jan 25 02:30:50 CET 2009

On 24.01.2009 20:57, Dan Lykowski wrote:
> Another note, the SB600 is not detecting a codec. So, I plan on looking at that also.

You mean, for HD audio?
Try removing the power before booting. (Really remove the power, don't
just switch the machine off.)
Boot into the proprietary BIOS, then reset into coreboot.
Combinations of the above.

Here's a diff between totally unsuccessful codec init messages in
coreboot and somewhat successful codec init.

 PCI: 00:14.1 init
 PCI: 00:14.2 init
 base = fc300000
-No codec!
+codec_mask = 01
+codec viddid: 10ec0883
+Dev=PCI: 00:14.2
+Default viddid=10ec0882
+Reading viddid=10ec0883
+No verb!
 PCI: 00:14.3 init
 PNP: 002e.1 init
 PNP: 002e.5 init

Ah yes, and Linux will spit out the following message:
hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC883, trying auto-probe from BIOS...
instead of
ALSA sound/pci/hda/hda_intel.c:2065: hda-intel: no codecs found!

Hopefully this allows you to dig further.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/