[coreboot] Organizing the coreboot weekly news.

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 22 21:49:34 CET 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 22.01.2009, 12:02 -0800 schrieb ron minnich:
> 3. I think the key will be picking the publishing interval. Too frequent
> news with too little contribution won't go well. Expect lots of action
> at first, but it will dwindle as the novelty wears off. I'd go for
> monthly or biweekly.

In my opinion we could do it this way.

i) Two or three categories/measures for importance.
30 points for a new port
20 points for ???
10 points for a new development started (for example for a new payload),
an event coreboot participates, documentation releases

ii) When 60 points (or another threshold) are reached or if a month
past, we should publish the newsletter.

> 4. Tthe other most important thing is editing.
> You'll avoid people who say there are two most important things if you
> have good editing :-)

Sorry my English is not good enough. I did not get your point.

> [1] http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

Thanks,

Paul