[coreboot] [flashrom]: AAI program supported?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Jan 9 13:10:29 CET 2009

Hi Zheng,

On 09.01.2009 07:07, Bao, Zheng wrote:
> Hi, all,
> I am trying to add AAI command support in flashrom. We know that some
> chips support AAI while others don't. I want to add a member in struct
> flashchip to indicate whether this chip support AAI. AAI programming
> improves the speed of writing.
>
> Does anyone give some advice? Do you guys think it makes sense?

Yes, it makes sense, but all current mainboards don't support it. The
big problem is that AAI for FWH/LPC needs another electrical interface
and the boards do not have that interface. For SPI the situation is similar.

If we add AAI support to flashrom, it will only work with external
programmers.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--