[coreboot] FIDVID question

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 18:10:12 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:45 AM,  <r.marek at assembler.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you check your CPUID, does it support FIDVID?
>
> If yes, then there is another problem. Perhaps you are hit by
> some errata which says first is needed not HT reset (LDTSTOP) but PCI reset.
> I don't have a code at my hand right now, but is HT reset stuff done
> _before_ the fidvid?

I think that all the revf/g processors support fidvid even if it can't
be changed. The S1G1 socket means revf and above and checking for
support really isn't needed. I think it is safe for a platform to make
some assumptions like that.

Have you narrowed the reset to the fidvid code?  After fidvid setup
there should be a ht reset as Rudolf noted. You can skip fidvid setup
for now. It just means that the processor will run at min frequency.

Marc