[coreboot] domain vs device statictree order

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:52:44 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:58 AM, Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 09:39:39PM -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
>> > The rev that broke the boot was 1089 or 1090. 1089 does not build, so I can't
>> > tell for sure. 1088 boots fine. 1090 is broken.
>>
>> They might have well been the same commit because they were
>> interdependent.  It was just an easier way of looking at the changes
>> for me.
>>
>> Thanks for tracking it down.  Could you send me a log from 1088?
>> Hopefully we can track it down quickly.
>
> Sure, see attached.

The biggest difference that I see is that there is no graphics device
(PCI 1.1) in the broken one.  In 1088 it was found dynamically (not in
the tree), but now it isn't found at all.

Since it was supposed to be disabled by:
	/* this board does not really have vga; disable it (pci device 00:01.1)  */
			unwanted_vpci = < 80000900 0 >;
in the dts, I'm not sure why it disappeared now.

Possible solution:
- Try it again without the unwanted_vpci line in the dts.

I guess I don't understand why the device is gone now.  I didn't think
the changes I've made would make the device disappear.

>> > Btw: buildrom + artec dongle + alix2c3 -> 40 second turnaround time between
>> > boots (and that includes 10 seconds for me). This is *nice*.
>>
>> That is nice.  I wish my Tyan boards had < 1min turnaround.
>
> Well, with the dongle + plcc adapter, you might get pretty close to that... I
> have not tried with a tyan board and plcc adapter yet though.
Good to know.

Thanks,
Myles