[coreboot] v3 printk on SMP

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 00:57:47 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> What about scratchpad registers in the CPU which are guaranteed to be
> cache-coherent across multiple cores and processors?

Certainly on core 2 with one cpu we can use a scratchpad registers.

In the case of core 2 SMP startup, when we get to starting the AP core
1, memory is functional. It is possible that the cpu support code is
going to need to provide a locking code framework of some sort, since
when and how locks can be done varies quite a bit depending on cpu,
chipset, and what part of coreboot we are executing.

ron