[coreboot] flashrom: Can't mmap memory

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 18:29:12 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

I should have used flashrom -V earlier.  Here it is:

Probing for SST SST49LF040, 512 KB: probe_jedec: id1 0xbf, id2 0x5b
Probing for SST SST49LF040B, 512 KB: probe_jedec: id1 0xbf, id2 0x5b
Probing for SST SST49LF080A, 1024 KB: probe_jedec: id1 0xbf, id2 0x5b
Found chip "SST SST49LF080A" (1024 KB) at physical address 0xfff00000.
Probing for SST SST49LF160C, 2048 KB: Error accessing flash chip,
0x200000 bytes at 0xfff00000
/dev/mem mmap failed: Operation not permitted

I don't know enough about flashrom to know if it should have stopped,
or if it should have figured out a better base address for the
SST49LF160C.

Hopefully that's enough information to point in the right direction.

Thanks,
Myles