[coreboot] CoreBoot on EPIA 800

Mike coreboot at norgie.net
Tue Dec 29 13:58:25 CET 2009

Folks,

I have an original EPIA 800 motherboard (Via C3 800MHz) that I am
interested in trying CoreBoot on.  I have been following the suggestion
of getting a BIOS Savior for this board but it's a little uncertain
which module to go for.  I can see that the BIOS is PLCC but the RD1-PL
is out of stock and I think I read something about the later
replacement models not working with some EPIA boards.

Can anyone confirm which BIOS Savior's are available and work with the
EPIA 800?  Also, can anyone suggest where to get one (I'm in the UK).

Cheers,
Mike.