[coreboot] Coreboot Support for MSI Board MS-6702E

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 22 13:25:33 CET 2009

Am Dienstag, den 22.12.2009, 11:49 +0100 schrieb freeman2411:
> Ok thank you Paul for this hints. Here some Specs which I could find
> out easily, attached in the jpg file.

Thank you for your answer. Please copy the values as text into the
message next time for better quoting and handling.

• Chipset/Northbridge(?): K8T800 Pro
• Southbridge: VIA VT8237

I did not find those in the supported chipsets and devices list [1] so
it is unlikely that the status concerning support has changed since this
answer from Uwe regarding as different board but the same chips devices
[2].

• LPCIO: W83627THF

There is ? at the list [1] but Uwe suggested that it is supported [2].

So it looks like to get support for your board you would need to start
getting the documentation from VIA and start coding by yourself.

Unfortunately all developers are quite busy with long TODO lists so
porting boards, which they do not own, in their free time is very
unlikely. But they would definitely answer any questions you have during
the process of porting the board yourself on this list or on IRC.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Chipsets_and_Devices
[2] http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2006-October/016385.html