[coreboot] Coreboot fails to initialize on ASUS A8V-E SE

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Mon Dec 14 12:03:26 CET 2009

Myles Watson escribió:

>     I made it compile and it worked I get till filo payload after that
>     it stucks because:
>     Error 18: Selected cylinder exceeds maximum supported by BIOS
>
>     but I thing thats a minor problem the most important thing is that
>     the old revision worked.
>

> I'd like to see it work for you with Kconfig.  Could you send me a
> working log for me to compare with the last one you sent me?
>
> Thanks,
> Myles
Hi again,

here is a funny twist, I tried out revision 4977 building it with
Kconfig and nothing still not working! But then I tried the buildtarget
system with the same revision and it worked perfectly it boots and
everything seems to work except the soundcard huu and I haven't tried
out my NIC.

I send you two log files one with the boot process using Kconfig (as far
as I could get) and using buildtarget.

bye and thx,
Knut Kujat