[coreboot] coreboot-v3 vs coreboot

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Dec 2 14:58:30 CET 2009

On 02.12.2009 14:26, Daniel Mack wrote:
> I'm sure this has been discussed on this list already, but I couldn't
> find a comprehensive statement in the archives yet. If there is one, I
> would be happy to be pointed there.
>
> It seems that the coreboot-v3 tree has now been obsoleted by coreboot
> and hasn't seen any update anymore since August 09. However, what
> happend to the 'stable' branch doesn't seem to be a merge of all the
> new shiny features. In paricular, I miss support there for ALIX2 boards.

To summarize:
coreboot v3 is the branch you want to use for any GeodeLX target.

> So what's the verdict? Things should be ported now from v3 to stable?

Sort of, yes. v2 is slowly getting some v3 features, but the GeodeLX
code is among the stuff not yet ported. Given that v3 works fine for a
lot of GeodeLX targets, there's no real motivation to backport that code.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
Developer quote of the month:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."