[coreboot] SeaBIOS and USB?

Jason Wang wangqingpei at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:59:49 CEST 2009

hi kevin,
   since this week is the first week of new semester, i should go though
each department for checking in schedule.
about the usbrom i think the usbrom memory still should be analyzed in the
following days. it should be basic memory
of libpayload and usb stack. PMM code will be completed in a few days. I
will test it later.
anyway as you said it would be helpful to hear from anyone who is interested
in usbrom project.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The 2009 GSOC is winding down.  I'd like to get some feedback on what
> people's plans are for USB support.
>
> The GSOC experience demonstrated both some successes and challanges.
> I believe Jason was able to launch some executables with the code
> which demonstrates that it can work.  However, there were some issues
> with memory management.
>
> Besides the direct issue of not reserving the rom's memory, the memory
> needed is also an issue.  The usbrom itself is just squeezing into
> 128K and it looks like it needs an additional 1M of working memory.
> In practice, I don't think the USB bootup code should use more than
> 30K of option rom space or more than 20K of reserved memory.
>
> Anyway, it would be helpful to hear from those that are planning to
> work in this area and the work that they are planning.
>
> Thanks,
> -Kevin
>
> --

Jason Wang