[coreboot] vga not working

Arnaud Maye arnaud.maye at 4dsp.com
Mon Aug 24 19:09:53 CEST 2009

Myles Watson wrote:
>>> OK.  I think we're going to get there.  It looks like your driver
>>>
>> doesn't
>>
>>> get registered for the device because the PCI IDs don't match.

>>> PCI: 00:02.0 subordinate bus PCI Express
>>> PCI: 00:02.0 [8086/5024] enabled
>>> PCI: 00:03.0 subordinate bus PCI Express
>>> PCI: 00:03.0 [8086/5025] enabled
>>>
>>> Those IDs match the EP80579 defines in /src/include/device/pci_ids.h,
>>>
>> but
>>
>>> there is no driver defined which uses that ID.
>>>
>>> Copy the drivers in /src/northbridge/intel/i3100/pciexp_porta.c, rename
>>> them, and have them use the correct PCI IDs.  That should make your
>>> functions get called.
>>>

>> Thanks, I am going to try that as soon I reach the office on Monday. I
>> will keep you updated.
>>
> Thanks.

Hello Gents,

So by following your advices I could get my function called. I had no
time to retrieve the current
sources patch from the development board, but basically I've pretty much
got same settings and
status as the legacy BIOS does.

Unfortunately, I still cannot get a VGA output. I start to get coherent
graphic output as soon Linux
loads the driver, but not before that.

Would you guys have a few additional pointers I could check?

Thank you

Arnaud

*
*