[coreboot] Question about how CoreBoot handles Option ROM

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 17:23:11 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Jeffrey C. Jacobs<biosdev at timehorse.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if someone could point me to the right direction in terms of
> where in CoreBoot is are the various system Option ROMs copied.
There are two answers to this question depending on how you want it to happen.
1. Coreboot and vm86, yabel, or x86emu
look in src/devices/pci_rom.c and src/devices/pci_device.c

It's controlled by CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN, CONFIG_VGA_ROM_RUN, CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA,
CONFIG_PCI_OPTION_ROM_RUN_YABEL, CONFIG_PCI_OPTION_ROM_RUN_REALMODE...

I'm not sure about multiple ROMs at once.

2. SeaBIOS
Put the ROMs in CBFS with the correct device ID and vendor ID, and
disable Coreboot's ROM running.  SeaBIOS will handle them all.

Thanks,
Myles