[coreboot] Using a large payload with QEMU 0.9.1

Roman Brehm mail at romanbrehm.de
Wed Aug 19 15:49:47 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm still working on a coreboot TPM project and want to boot coreboot with a linux payload (and without GRUB/FILO etc.) in QEMU.
The minimum size I'm able to reduce it to, is approx. 9-10MB. When I want to start QEMU with this bios-file, I get a memory error because of the (too) large size of the bios.

For QEMU 0.9.0 there exists a bios size patch where you can extend the maximum size but for 0.9.1 (which I have to use) there isn't any patch and the concerning source code parts are completely different to 0.9.0. Do you know what's the maximum bios size with 0.9.1 and if there is a possibility to extend it? Or is there another possibility (e.g. to load a small kernel which loads additional data from a hd image or so)?

Thanks a lot!

Roman