[coreboot] AMD RS690 TMDS

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 17 19:32:02 CEST 2009

Hi Daniel,

On 11.08.2009 18:32, Daniel Toussaint wrote:
> I am using the open source drivers , radeon and radeonhd. When I try it on a
> similar board with AMI bios , xrandr can switch on the HDMI port without any
> problems - with radeon and radeonhd. I guess I could give Catalyst a try to
> see if it makes any difference(maybe it does magic with the vga bios) I
> think however, that the problem lies in the fact that some config needs to
> be done in PCIE-GFX , so that one of the ports gets configured as TMDS.
> Right now, I am trying to get that to work - so far no results yet ....
> Another interesting fact is that I am working with this board that does not
> have another BIOS except for coreboot .... so I have nothing to compare
> register values with.

I never tested HDMI on my board and I know that most boards need special
PCIe setup to get HDMI working. So unless this is implemented already,
you probably need to code it up yourself.
The issue should be independent of the video driver you're using.

Maybe someone who has a board with working HDMI under the proprietary
BIOS can give you the register dumps you need.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/