[coreboot] [patch] Patches for CN400 / EPIA-N / VT8237R

Harrison, Jon (SELEX GALILEO, UK) jon.harrison at selexgalileo.com
Mon Aug 17 18:00:29 CEST 2009

Hi Guys, I'm back.

Just been catching up on traffic.

Downloaded latest and it looks like my changes did not go in after all ?

So... latest patches attached. Info below.

Signed-off-By: Jon Harrison <bothlyn at blueyonder.co.uk>

I've re-tested this against the same pre R4531 version sucessfully.
(R4531 has forced a change to use CBFS which stops my build from
completing - no room for vga and bochs...... announce at coreboot.org
?????)

Thanks,
Jon

*******--------********--------********

> The limit should be 0xffffffff for mem resources unless they
> are 64 bit.

Whoops!
Fixed.

> -
> -	res = new_resource(dev, 1);
> -	res->base = 0x0UL;
> -	res->size = 0x1000UL;
> -	res->limit = 0xffffUL;
> -	res->flags = IORESOURCE_IO | IORESOURCE_ASSIGNED |
> IORESOURCE_FIXED;
>  }
>
> Why did you want to remove this reserved region?  It just
> makes it so that
> allocations have to be above 0x1000.  It doesn't affect other
> fixed regions.

OK. Well, I'd taken this out incase in did conflict with the specific
resource allocations  below 0x1000. I'd wanted to make it much clearer
what the fixed resources actually used by the SB actually were.

I've reinstated this though, as I only removed it on the premise that it
might cause a problem, and it doesn't.....

> Why is the compiled dsdt in the tree?  It looks like the
> source is there
> too.

Just following what's been done on the epia-m. Though now you mention
it, looking beyond the via boards, there does seem to be a bit of
inconsistency e.g. asus/m2v-mx_se and others only have .asl source...

I've removed the dsdt.c hunk from epia-n.patch. I'd appreciate it if one
of you guys could remove the old file from the repos for the next rev
(should probably do the same for epia-m).

> I'd appreciate it if you'd remove any white space at the end
> of lines.  You
> should be able to use find/replace in the patches.
>
> Search for + at the beginning of the line with whitespace at the end.
> in vi: /^+.*[\t ][\t ]*$

done

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:17:55 -0700
> From: ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>
> To: coreboot at coreboot.org
> Subject: Re: [coreboot] [patch] Patches for CN400 / EPIA-N / VT8237R

> >> I'd appreciate it if you'd remove any white space at the end of
> >> lines. ?You should be able to use find/replace in the patches.
> >
> > Since I guess Jon is on holiday now, what do you say about just
> > applying his patches and then change the stuff you commented on
> > right afterwards?
> >

> Sure, but be sure to make the changes :-)
>
> Certainly you want to remove the compiled dsdt.
>
> Thanks, this is great news.
>
> ron

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132