[coreboot] option rom progress and some issues

Jason Wang wangqingpei at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 20:22:05 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 03:29:06PM +0800, Jason Wang wrote:
> > Hi Kevin,
> >     The Seabios try to booting usbrom with IPL_TYPE_BEV, which i think
> > should use IPL_TYPE_HARDDISK, right? Followed by BIOS BOOT Specification
> > I think it can add
> > #define IPL_TYPE_USBROM 0x05 to support BCV, how do you think about that?
>
> SeaBIOS is overloading those flags, and I agree it's confusing.  The
> flags for BCV tables are only used in run_bcv(), add_bcv(), and
> add_bcv_hd().  It's not necessary to add a new flag.

I find that handle_19, do_boot only seek the BEV devices

   1.    if (bootdev >= IPL.bevcount) {
   2.         printf("No bootable device.\n");
   3.         // Loop with irqs enabled - this allows ctrl+alt+delete to
   work.
   4.         for (;;)
   5.             usleep(1000000);
   6.     }
   7.   /* Do the loading, and set up vector as a far pointer to the boot
   8.      * address, and bootdrv as the boot drive */
   9.     struct ipl_entry_s *ie = &IPL.bev[bootdev];

why did not seek IPL.bcv?

--
Jason Wang
Peking University