[coreboot] AMD RS690 TMDS

Daniel Toussaint daniel at dmhome.net
Tue Aug 11 18:32:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am using the open source drivers , radeon and radeonhd. When I try it on a
similar board with AMI bios , xrandr can switch on the HDMI port without any
problems - with radeon and radeonhd. I guess I could give Catalyst a try to
see if it makes any difference(maybe it does magic with the vga bios) I
think however, that the problem lies in the fact that some config needs to
be done in PCIE-GFX , so that one of the ports gets configured as TMDS.
Right now, I am trying to get that to work - so far no results yet ....
Another interesting fact is that I am working with this board that does not
have another BIOS except for coreboot .... so I have nothing to compare
register values with.

Greetings,