[coreboot] AMD RS690 TMDS

Daniel Toussaint daniel at dmhome.net
Tue Aug 11 04:57:21 CEST 2009

Dear All,

I am working on supporting yet another AMD 690E based board. We have
everything working fine, except for the HDMI output. I can't seem to switch
to an HDMI or DVI monitor with Xrandr.
The RS690 Register programming requirements , page 65 (PCIE inititialization
for TMDS) starts explaining the steps to get TMDS working - as far as I can
see they are not implemented yet in southbridge/amd/rs690 ?  Implemening
those steps would bring up HDMI or are there other things that need to be
taken care of ? The VBIOS binary is given to me by AMD and has HDMI support,
so they say.
The ASIC revisision of the chip is A12. Any comments / idea's are more than
welcome.

Greetings,

Daniel Toussaint