[coreboot] Rev 4099+ Broken Tree?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 20:52:29 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> wrote:

>> Cold boot. H8dme does not have acpi (yet).
>
> Hmm so memory scrubbing does not work and this patch just unmasked that.
> Unfortunately dont know how to fix that.

Am I misreading the patch? From my reading, you turned off memory
scrubbing completely for low RAM?

"The memory cleared now is just the coreboot memory not the low memory."

 If you revert that patch it fixes the problem, right?

My interpretation: you no longer zero low memory because you don't
want to zero low memory on a resume. This is good for resume, and very
bad for cold boot.

If I got this wrong, let me know.

ron