[coreboot] qemu ethernet fix for v3 (port from v2)

Cristi Magherusan Cristi.Magherusan at net.utcluj.ro
Thu Apr 23 01:41:10 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 00:51 +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> (No need to cc me. Thanks!)
>
> Cristi Magherusan wrote:
> > > dmesg output
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks, here you have the outputs you requested, and these are the
> > more interesting parts, IMHO. I'll try to change the v3 IRQ to 5
> > instead of 11, to see what happens next.
>
> All right! Keep us posted.
>

> > dmesg in v3:
> >
> > Apr 22 16:12:52 avatt user.warn kernel: PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 0000:00:03.0. Please try using pci=biosirq.
>
> Yeah, this is bad.
>

> > Apr 22 16:12:52 avatt user.info kernel: pcnet32: PCnet/PCI II 79C970A at 0x1000, 52 54 00 12 34 56 assigned IRQ 0.
>
> IRQ 0 will not work.
>

> In recent kernels it's possible to enable quite a lot of PCI and x86
> init debugging. If the next change doesn't work that may give more
> useful information.

Hello,

The attached patch makes use of the(slightly adapted) irq routing
implementation from v2, and sets the irq to 5 instead of 11(as Ron did
before).
Now the card appears in /proc/interrupts (it wasn't with 11), the
interface raises, but ping and dhcp still fail.

Any ideas?

Cristi

--
Ing. Cristi Măgherușan, System/Network Engineer
Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania